This time of year is when most people want to be able to get out and about. Sometimes the winter months can just drag on and on.
The Middlebury Chamber of Commerce has a community calendar, and organizations can advertise their community events on their website. There are several organizations that plan our community events along with many different sponsorships that make it happen.
If you or your organization have an event that you would like to add to the community calendar, please go to www.middleburyinchamber.com/ events.
Following is the current listing of community events:
• March 27 – Last day for the recycling center in Middlebury
• April 10-14 – Grace Lawn Cemetery Cleanup by Middlebury Public Works. All personal items need to be removed by April 9
• April 21 – “Hop Into Spring,” 4-6 p.m. at the Middlebury Public Library, hosted by Middlebury Then & Now
•April22–Arbor Day Celebration, hosted by the Middlebury Tree Board and Park Department
• May through September – Essenhaus Classic Car Cruise-In, every Thursday Evening, Das Essenhaus
• May through September – Faces of Middlebury for the Perfect Picture, hosted by Middlebury Then & Now
• Mid-May to mid- September – Farmer’s Market, Saturdays, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Grain Bins at 402 E. Warren St., sponsored by Joyfully Said
• May 19-20 – Middlebury Annual Garage Sales, hosted by the Middlebury Chamber of Commerce
• May 19 – Flower Power, 4-6 p.m., Memorial Park, hosted by Middlbury Then & Now
• May 28-29 – Memorial Day Dusk-to-Dawn Vigil on May 28 and Memorial Day Parade on May 29, hosted by American Legion Post 210
• June 13 – Chamber’s 20th Annual Dinner and Business Expo, hosted by the Middlebury Chamber of Commerce
• June 16 – Movie in the Park, 7 p.m., Riverbend Park, hosted by Middlebury Then & Now
• June 17 – Annual Pumpkinvine Bike Ride, sponsored by the Friends of the Pumpkinvine Nature Trail
• June 23-24 – Summer Festival at Memorial Park, hosted by the Middlebury Chamber of Commerce
• June 25 – Krider’s 90th Celebration, “Glory of the Garden,” 2-4 p.m., Middlebury Historical Museum, hosted by the park department
• July 21 – Movie in the Park, 7 p.m., Riverbend Park, Then & Now
• Aug. 4-5 – Literacy Carousel at the Library, Then & Now
• Aug. 11 – Chamber’s 21st Annual Golf Classic, hosted by the Chamber of Commerce
• Aug. 18 – Movie in the Park, 7 p.m., Riverbend Park, Then & Now
• Aug. 26 – Riverfest, 10 a.m., Riverbend Park , hosted by the Middlebury Parks Department and Middlebury Then & Now
• Sept. 8-9 – Fall Festival, Memorial Park; fireworks held at Essenhaus on Sept. 8, hosted by Middlebury Chamber of Commerce
• Sept. 8 – Movie in the Park, 7 p.m., Das Essenhaus, Middleubury Then & Now
• Sept. 15 – Feathered and Furry Friends, 4-6 p.m., Riverbend Park, Then & Now
• Oct. 14 – Middlebury Pumpkin Race, 2 p.m., West Warren Street, Then & Now
• Oct. 20 – Hometown Harvest, 6-8 p.m., Trestle Terrace, hosted by Middlebury Then & Now
• Nov. 13-17 – Grace Lawn Cemetery Cleanup by Public Works. All personal items need to be removed by Nov. 12.
• Nov. 17 – Hometown Holiday Celebration, Chamber of Commerce
• Nov. 25 – Small Business Saturday, Chamber of Commerce
• Dec. 1-3 – Gingerbread Jamboree, Historical Museum, Then & Now
• Dec. 2 – Christmas Tree Lighting, 6 p.m., Memorial Park, hosted by the Park Department and Middlebury Then & Now.
Mary Cripe is the town manager of Middlebury.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.